The good folks at ProPublica have found another corrupt Supreme Court justice, and their subject, Sam Alito, after being contacted by the news outlet, ran to the Wall Street Journal to write an error-laden complaint, because he is a whiny little bitch.
I’m just going to talk about the ProPublica article, because there is no way that I could possibly beat this epic take-down.
- Alito was invited on a fishing trip in Alaska by a hedge fund billionaire, Paul Singer, who has reportedly had business before the court.
- He was comped his time at the tony fishing lodge, $1000.00/night.
- He was flown up on a private jet, charter cost, $100,000.00.
- Alito never reported on this.
- Alito never recused himself on cases involving billions.
- Uber Lobbyist Leonard Leo and Federalist Society organized this.
- Paul Singer has contributed millions to the Republican party.
- “On the last evening, a member of Alito’s group bragged that the wine they were drinking cost $1,000 a bottle, one of the lodge’s fishing guides told ProPublica.”
- Antonin Scalia was taking the same sorts of gifts before he died.
This sort of friendly bribery is how the right wing movement keeps their right wing justices on the reservation.
It also explains why the Supreme Court has been so aggressive in gutting anti-corruption law, they know that under the old rules, they would be frog marched out of their offices in handcuffs.