- Viking Textiles Show Women Had Tremendous Power (Scientific American) Interesting analysis of the economy of the vikings.
- EXCLUSIVE: Logically Identifies GhostEzra, Florida Man Behind World’s ‘Largest Antisemitic Internet Forum’ (Logically) From 2021, but it’s a great example of good shoe leather journalism.
- Shell’s Internal Emails Show Just How Cynical Oil Companies’ Emissions Promises Are (The New Republic) How big oil is outsourcing its emissions to wholly controlled subcontractors.
- Amazon Promotes Ex-Private Prison Exec to Run Warehouse Training (Matt Stoller) As Anna Russell would say, “I’m not making this up, you know.”
- Michigan governor hopeful Tudor Dixon eaten by zombies in horror film (Detroit News) The candidates the Republican Party is putting forward this year seem to have been recruited in Mos Eisley spaceport.
- This 22-Year-Old Builds Chips in His Parents’ Garage (WIRED) He’s hand making integrated circuits, etching paths into silicon, with about a 300 nm feature size. Gangsta.
Lewis Black says what needs to be said about Candy Corn: