- GOP Social Media Experiments Fail (In Part) Because They Break The Troll/Amplification Cycle (Techdirt) Basically, if you can’t, “Own the Libs,” Republican society breaks down.
- Pentagon to weed out extremists by banning Marine Corps (Duffelblog) Satire
- Frontal language areas do not emerge in the absence of temporal language areas: A case study of an individual born without a left temporal lobe (ScienceDirect) Her mental facilities are normal, but the left frontal lobe does not do language processing. Interesting neurology.
- I Grew Up Believing I Was Dumb. A College Education Behind Bars Healed That Wound (The Marshall Project)
- Class-Action Lawsuit Targets Company that Harvests Location Data from 50 Million Cars (Vice) Hope that they get nailed to the wall.
- The Churchill Cult, by Jingo (The New York Review of Books) Richard Burton observed that to play Churchill was to hate him. Winston Churchill was always more the Giuliani of his time than he was the Churchill of his time.
- ‘The lunacy is getting more intense’: how Birds Aren’t Real took on the conspiracy theorists (The Guardian)
Lee Camp on the deep wankitude of the New York Times: