- Hope on the Horizon (Matt Stoller) Hopeful moves on antitrust. I hope that this is not a Pollyanna moment.
- The Hidden Resignation: Employees Are Checking Out on the Job (Business Insider) A lot of the employees who have not quit are just going through the motions.
- Parachute use to prevent death and major trauma when jumping from aircraft: randomized controlled trial (The BMJ) A discussion of a randomized controlled trial on the effects of parachute use. It’s a satirical article from a December issue of the British Medical Journal.
- ‘World’s largest’ cast-iron skillet travels down Tennessee highway (UPI.com) This is the 3rd biggest skillet that I have ever seen in my life.
- He thought tending bar sounded like fun. Then the entire kitchen staff quit on Christmas Eve. (Jason Stanford) It’s not that people are not willing to work, it is that they are sick of being treated like crap.
- Antifascist Action Against Patriot Front: An Anonymous Reportback On December 4th, 2021 (It’s Going Down) It turns out that the Patriot Front demonstrations in Washington, DC had problems leaving for more reasons than poor planning. Antifascists monkey-wrenched a significant portion of their logistical capabilities. Heh.
- The question is no longer Donald Trump’s criminality but whether America will care (Will Bunch) There has been an aggressive effort in the United States to normalize insurrection and fascism, and the press has been a willing participant in this.
Yes, this is Pat Boone covering Smoke on the Water: