- Anti-Woke Bank GloriFi to Shut Down (Wall Street Journal) The whole right wing ecosystem is all a scam, isn’t it?
- Eric Idle dismisses Dave Chappelle complaints on ‘cancel culture’ (The Independent) Short version, if you are saying this when hosting Saturday Night Live, you have not been canceled.
- How an Intern Stole NASA’s Moon Rocks (Gizmodo) Money quote, “Sometime between the heist and its resolution, Tiffany and Thad arranged the moon rocks on a bed — and had sex amongst them.” Of course they would be named, “Tiffany and Thad.”
- Biden Must be Impeached (Lawyers, Guns & Money) Snark about the butt-hurt of the White HOuse press corps(e) over their not being allowed to cover Biden’s Granddaughter’s wedding.
- Elon Musk Is Destroying the Myths of Silicon Valley in Front of Our Very Eyes (Jacobin) The bright side of this debacle is that people are being disabused of the myth of the Silicon Valley genius.
- A man won the legal right to not be ‘fun’ at work after refusing to embrace ‘excessive alcoholism’ and ‘promiscuity’ (Insider) I will say that I find the forced gaiety of office parties, but this is ridiculous. This company had mandatory alcohol social soaked social events.
- The Techno-Feudal Method to Musk’s Twitter Madness (Project Syndicate) Yanis Varoufakis observes that the model for technology businesses is to keep the customer and the supplier in peonage through algorithm based intermediation.
How Private Equity is robbing us all blind: